1. Once you have completed the on-line application, please submit all supporting documentation as follows:
• Copy of Social Security Card • Copy of Driver’s License • 2 completed copies of the 2-page Reference Form • Copy of Degree or TABE test Score if you do not have a minimum of a Bachelors degree • A voided check for mandatory direct deposit. • You will be required to have a background check performed, therefore, please bring two money orders, one for $10 and the other for $42.50, to the Office of Human Resources. Both money orders must be made out to Louisiana State Police. • You will be required to take the Code of Governmental Ethics training. You will take the training online, and it will last approximately one hour. Keep in mind that you must follow all prompts and fully complete the training to ensure that you receive credit. Also, you will be asked several questions throughout the presentation, and you must answer the question before you can move forward in the presentation. Incorrect answers will not prevent you from moving forward, nor are your answers scored in anyway. Visit the Louisiana Board of Ethics web site at www.ethics.state.la.us. Once there, click on the Training tab. Once there you will see:
For your first online training session, click here to Register with the training system.
Click to register with the training system.
1. You will now have to provide an email address and create a password. You must also provide a mailing address. Feel free to use your home or business address. Once you’ve provided the requested information, click the Register tab at the bottom of the page.
2. Now you will be taken to the page titled Available Training Courses. You must take the 2012 Code of Ethics Training for Public Servants. To the right, under the heading of Links, click Part 1 of 3 and follow the presentation as prompted. Be certain that you download and print your certificate of completion once you have completed all three sections. Be certain to maintain a copy of the certificate of completion for your records and bring a copy with you when you come to the Office of Human Resources to bring the other supporting documents.
You will be asked to complete a pre-employment packet in Human Resources when you bring your hardcopy information. We take this information Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 pm. During the summer months, we are closed on Fridays. Applicants will receive an invitation by mail to attend a mandatory substitute teacher orientation.
1. The application is best viewed using Netscape 4.7 or higher or MS Explorer 5.5 or higher. Please use the tab key to move between fields.
2. You may want to reduce the size of your browser's font to view the application.
3. It is anticipated that the application process will take approximately 30 minutes.
4. You will need the following information to complete the application:
• Colleges & Universities attended, graduation date, degree earned and major
• To/From dates of work experience, name of organization, supervisor's name, address & phone number. • Two professional references including name, title, organization, work phone, home phone and address if available.
5. Certain fields have been identified as required fields and you will not be allowed to submit your application until these fields are complete.
6. When entering dates, follow the format indicated (MM/YYYY; March 2001 would be 03/2001).
7. When you have completed a page, use the Continue button to move to the next page.
8. It is recommended that you print a copy of your application after you submit the final page.
9. Once you have submitted the application you will receive the message "Your application has been successfully submitted to East Baton Rouge Parish School System."
10. If you have not earned a minimum of a bachelors degree you are required to take the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) and score a minimum score of 12 to be eligible to substitute in the East Baton Rouge Parish School System.
Call any site to schedule to take the test.
Christa McAuliffe Sherwood Center 12000 Goodwood Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70815 PH: (225)226-7631
Rosenwald Center 2611 Dayton Street Baton Rouge, LA 70805 PH: (225)355-8678
Baker Adult Learning Center Miracle Place Church Complex 2034 Main Street Baker, LA 70714 PH: (225) 775-8159
Upon receipt of the required documents and the appropriate verifications we will contact you regarding attending a mandatory Substitute Orientation for the current or upcoming semester.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest in the East Baton Rouge Parish School System.
Salary is $60 per day for non-degreed substitutes $80 per day for degreed substitutes.
Notification EBR uses Smart Find Express to match substitute teachers with teaching assignments. On Smart Find, substitutes can specify the school locations they prefer to work, indicate work availability in half-day increments by day of the week, specify the subjects they are qualified or prefer to teach, call the system to check on open jobs, temporarily change the phone number the system dials to contact them when away from home, make themselves temporarily unavailable to work. Over 400 school systems across the U.S. and Canada use Smart Find Express.
The system begins calling substitutes at 5:00 a.m. for present day jobs and again at 5:00 p.m. for future jobs. All substitutes will be trained to use the automated system at the substitute teacher orientation. Smart Find Express (Smart Find)
Smart Find is a phone and web-based system available to educators in EBRPSS as a means of securing a substitute. The Smart Find System stores official substitute personnel names with workdate, grade level, and location preferences. PH 225-922-3502